Automatic Dividend Reinvestment (DRP)
You can easily manage and track Dividend Reinvestment Plans (DRP) in your Navexa account.
The platform automatically populates dividends and their corresponding reinvestment trades.
You’ll see the results factored into your performance calculations, showing you your true return — as opposed to just capital gains.
Enabling DRP For a Holding
1. Navigate to the Holding that you want to enable DRP for. Then, click ‘Settings’ as shown here:
2. Where you see ‘Auto Dividend Reinvestment’ toggle the switch to ‘YES’.
3. Select the DRP Setting that applies to your holding. The options are as follows:
- Round Down: This will round the Reinvestment trade down to the nearest whole amount. For example, if you receive a dividend of $100 and the DRP price is $27. Then 100 / 27 = 3.7 so it will be recorded as receiving 3 shares.
- Round Up: This will round the Reinvestment trade up to the nearest whole amount. For example, if you receive a dividend of $100 and the DRP price is $27. Then 100 / 27 = 3.7 so it will be rounded up to 4 shares.
- Round to Nearest: This will round to the nearest whole amount, so 3.3 would be rounded down to 3 and 3.7 would be rounded up to 4 shares.
- Round Down with Balance Tracking: This will round the Reinvestment trade down to the nearest whole amount — and carry over the remaining dollar amount. For example, if you receive $100 worth of dividends but you reinvest them into 3X$28 shares, you’ll have $16 left — that balance will be added to your next dividend payout.
Click ‘Save’ and the portfolio tracker will automatically calculate dividend reinvestments on all dividends that have not been ‘confirmed’.
Navigate back to the ‘Transactions’ tab to see a record of reinvestment trades.